Thursday, August 8, 2013

Moving In My Veins


     August 8, 2013    

     The movie "Pretty Woman" turned some women into scheming dynamos dedicated to catching a rich "rescuer." Sex, yes. But Love? He'll lend you the Mercedes on Thursdays and come by to have sex and pick up the car. Be sure to dye your hair.


The Crying Buddha


     When I was young I cried a lot. If I spilled my milk it seemed the whole process of Time was ripped open. The Universe was negatively altered and Life would never be the same. My older brothers and sisters mocked me, crying "Cry baby, cry baby."

     One day, after a few years of sobriety, it came to my mind that perhaps I was/am the Crying Buddha. Perhaps, more correctly, instead of the Happy, Contented Buddha with his pot belly, he should really be the Compassionate Buddha, crying for all Humanity, forever. 

     I do cry easily, these days. Sentimental movies and sad stories give me tears and a runny nose. My tears are proof that my mind, progressively improved from my non-sober days, is accepting emotional content from the Outside and I am responding with real feelings, real understanding, real empathy for the Other. 

     An open mind empowers an open heart and Love can enter and soothe and heal and expand consciousness. One can become and recognize the spiritual being inside. That is God's/Buddha's/The Universe's goal. Spiritual Beings attaining Enlightenment. What will I be when Spirit entirely enthuses me?

Imagine God
Move Forward - Be Unafraid, Grateful, At Ease

No comments:

Post a Comment